Saturday, February 7, 2009


Memoirs from my Rocker............
Browsing through web photos today, I ran across this lovely little pic.. It brought back memories
of the days when I would sit in the rocker and sew my dolly dresses..Momma was a terrific seamtress and she would show me how the buttons would attach(no velcro back then) Sometimes I would get to use a snap or a hook and eye. I must say I was a sloppy sewer at first. But momma didn't give up on me, and by age 6, I was pretty good with dolly clothes. Its funny no matter how many clothes my dolly had she never seemed to be fully dressed.. I wonder if that was because I was always designing something new. I noticed in this photo her sissors on the floor. I recall how mine fell to the floor many times. Looking into her face, I recall my own thoughts while sewing away at the seam. Darn those sissors! Where are those sissors? I think im going to go find those little sissors...
Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment